Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I place an order on your website?
Step 1 – Select the product you would like to buy
Step 2 – Click “ADD TO BASKET”
Step 3 – Click “Proceed to Checkout” in the top right corner of the website
Step 4 – Enter your relevant Shipping and Billing address details
Step 5 – Select your payment method
Step 6 – Select “Place Order” and you are good to go!
Step 7 – Receive your meat at home and enjoy!
– Please note that we cannot deliver to a P.O Box address.
Q: I have just placed my order, now what?
- You will receive an email confirming your order and that your order is now processing.
- Your order will be shipped to you on the first Monday/Tuesday after your order, this is done to ensure that your order is delivered as soon as possible.
- You will receive an email with tracking details as soon as your order is picked up by our trusted couriers.
- Once picked up your order should be delivered within 2 business days, depending on where you are located. If there is a delay in your delivery your order will be kept cold at our courier facility.
Q: Will my Wagyu order be kept cold and is the delivery safe?
- Our couriers know that we are shipping perishable Wagyu to you and send it out for delivery as soon as it arrives at their depot. If it does not go out for delivery straight away, they are instructed to keep it cold for you until it goes out on delivery. We add ice packs into all deliveries and will also add frozen patties to ensure that the cooler is kept colder for longer.
Q: Can you really deliver to ANYWHERE in South Africa?
- Yes, we can deliver to anywhere within South Africa. This is made possible by our reliable and efficient courier partners. Outlying areas can take an extra day but your Wagyu will be kept colder over night
- If we are nervous about the duration of your delivery will add extra cold packs and frozen patties to ensure that your order is kept at colder for longer
Q: I am having trouble with the courier and the delivery is not going to plan
- Your order is our responsibility until it is delivered to your door and you are completely satisfied with your order. If you are having any issues, please contact us rather than the couriers. We have direct contact with a team of couriers who will give direct guidance so you don’t need to deal with courier call centers, you can call simply Henning on 0824930930.
- Please take note that we simply cannot guarantee that your parcel will be delivered at an exact time. We will coordinate with the courier as much as possible and try to meet your time, please rather give a 2-hour delivery window.
- When tracking my parcel it says that it is delivered but I do not have it. Ok wow, we know this can be scary but do not stress. The courier will be liable if they cannot trace the parcel, please just make contact with us to inform us as soon as possible
Q: I have a question regarding my order, who can I contact?
- You can reply to any mail sent to you confirming your online order and our sales team will get back to you or you can call Henning on 0824930930 or Devin on 0796971570
- You can also select contact us on the website. We will then come back to you via email within 24 hours.
- Alternatively, you can contact our sales team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or marketing at email@example.com
Q: Can I cancel my order?
- If your order is not shipped yet, you can contact us and we will assist with canceling your order and arrange for a gift card/refund.
Q: Do you do custom orders?
- Yes- and we love to do so! We can cut or make your Wagyu order to your specifications. We might need to send you a manual invoice for payment instead of an online one. Simply email or call us and we will make it happen!
Q: I am not happy with the Wagyu that I have received?
- We pride ourselves in our Wagyu and will never ship any Wagyu if it does not meet our strict, personal standard. All of our Wagyu has a minimum certified marbling score of 4. If you have an issue with your order let us know and we will do our best to ensure that you are happy with your order- customer satisfaction is our number one priority.
- It is imperative that you receive your Wagyu in the same state as when it left the farm. If anything has happened to your Wagyu you must take a photo and video and contact us IMMEDIATELY. Our couriers are held liable, but not if you have been negligent. So please be sure to keep the cold chain. Once your order is delivered it is your responsibility to put it in a fridge or freezer to ensure its temperature is kept
Q: What payment methods do you accept?
- PayFast– Our online payment gateway that accepts Debit and Credit cards, they are now also able to take Instant EFT
- Kindly contact us if you need alternate payment options. Please note all manual EFT payments have to clear through our bank before we can ship the goods to you.
Q: How do I know my payment is received?
- Once your payment is successful, you will receive an email confirming your order and stating that your order is now processing. Have a look in your spam folder as well, some of our emails end up in there sometimes.
Q: Do your prices include VAT?
- Yes, all our online prices are VAT inclusive.
SHIPPING AND DELIVERY
Q: How long until I receive my order?
- We ship our orders every Monday and Tuesday from the farm to ensure that we get your Wagyu order delivered as soon as possible. We also do not want your Wagyu to sit with the courier over the weekend, it should rather be on your braai or in your pan.
- Once your order is picked up by our trusted courier, your order should be delivered to you within 2 days, depending on where you are located. Outlying areas may take an extra day to be delivered
- If we do run into any unexpected delays, we will contact you.
Q: Can I change my delivery address?
- We can only change the shipping address if your order has not left the farm yet. To change your delivery address, please mail your order number and new address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How much is shipping on my order?
- Orders under R1 000 carry R150 delivery, orders over R1 000 are free delivery
Q: Where are you able to deliver your online orders to?
- We can deliver to ANYWHERE within South Africa. Orders are shipped out on a Monday and Tuesday every week
Q: Will the courier let me know of the progress of my delivery?
- We have activated notifications from our courier. You will receive SMS and email notifications when your order is collected from the farm, when it arrives at your local depot, when it is out for delivery to you, and then finally when it has been delivered (just to ensure that you are aware of the delivery).
Q: What is Wagyu?
- Wagyu is a bovine breed originating from Japan. In Japanese, ‘Wa’ means our, and ‘gyu’ means cattle. Wagyu cattle are known for their ability to produce highly marbled beef. Tenderness, flavor, and juiciness are enhanced due to the marbling present in wagyu beef.
Q: Why is Wagyu More expensive than ordinary beef?
● In South Africa, all A grade beef is harvested between 15 to 18 months. Whereas, wagyu beef is harvested between 27 and 30 months. The increase in carrying time on the farm results in increased input costs.
● Wagyu is sought after internationally, resulting in higher prices due to the increasing demand for high-quality beef.
Q: What is certified South African Wagyu?
- CWB (Certifed Wagyu Board) is a program to ensure product traceability, consistency and trust within South African Wagyu. The program makes use of protocols and standards (e.g. no hormones or no growth stimulants) for members, breeders and the supply chain. An independent body ensures that these protocols and standards are met.
- Feel free to educate yourself on their website: https://wagyu.org.za/
Q: Is all Wagyu sold in South Africa certified?
● NO, all certified wagyu sold in South Africa should have the certified logo displayed on their product, if not, it is NOT certified Wagyu. Therefore, you as a consumer have no guarantee that the stringent protocols and standards have been met.
● So be sure to be on the lookout for this stamp
Q: I AM NEW TO WAGYU, WHAT CUTS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND?
- It is important to understand the structural differences between Wagyu and an ordinary carcass. This allows you to enjoy lesser know cuts from the overdeveloped forequarter that Wagyu presents. Try these cuts, you and your wallet will be pleasantly surprised: flat iron, denver, tri-tip, flank, bavette, and chuck eye.
ONLY THE BEST QUALITY